Tuesday, October 28, 2014

3 Web Sites Where Images are the Star Attraction




3 Web Sites Where Images are the Star Attraction

1.Stockfreeimages.com at www.stockfreeimages.com/?gclid=CObE-L74z8ECFVKPfgodjXMA8A

I thought this website was great because it provides a lot of useful images for website backgrounds and they are all royalty-free. I think this site is a great resource for web developers looking for background images. They were all very different and although I think it would be hard to use some of them as a background, I think some web developers could find a way to use any of the pictures in a website with some imagination (like the picture I featured. Maybe by shifting the photo down, you would find some blank sky space at the top, but I think the pic is really pretty). It's nice to have lots of options.  I also liked how they categorized the photos into groups for quick browsing. 






2. National Geographics Website - http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photos/underwater-wrecks/

National Geographics website actually has some free to use background images that are designated for desktop backgrounds but could be used for website backgrounds as well. I found quite a few images here that I thought were really cool. The pictures were quality because they were national geographic and they were unusual, and refreshing. Lots with a lot of solid background space that would be good for websites. 
This one stuck out for me, I thought it was awesome. They have a whole section on underwater wrecks that were amazing. 
Photo: Sunken tugboat
Photo: Sunken Japanese plane




3.  Free Digital Photos - http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/

I thought this website was pretty cool. The main thing I noticed that stood out as different were the categories they had. Like holiday backgrounds, IE, the halloween one below. I think this website has a lot of backgrounds that are computer generated versus actual digital photos... (not sure why based on the name of the website) but I think that gives a lot of opportunity for a web developer to find something very specific. 
- This photo would be great to create a website for like a seasonal event, IE, a halloween party for a local business or company. It's simple, cool, and gives great blank space to include text. 

Mr Pumpkin Halloween Mask Stock Image



No comments:

Post a Comment