Monday, October 20, 2014

3 CSS Properties that Intrigue Me the Most

3 CSS Properties that Intrigue Me the Most:

1. p::first-letter

I viewed information about this first letter property from tutorialzine.com at the following link; http://tutorialzine.com/2013/10/12-awesome-css3-features-you-can-finally-use/    
I just think this one is pretty cool. I actually tried to use it for one of my previous web pages for this class and it didn't work. I think it's a cool feature that can add more style to any website. I really want to get it to work.

2. text-shadow  

I viewed a ton of text-shadow effects through the website line25.com at the link:
http://line25.com/articles/using-css-text-shadow-to-create-cool-text-effects 
I thought this text effect was awesome. The one I liked the most was the inset text
effect. I enjoy finding new ways to add text effects and think a website can be made really cool with mostly just text effects on a plain background. 

3. white-space  

The white space property seems really cool. I viewed info about it through smashingmagazine.com at the link: http://www.impressivewebs.com/css-white-space/
When I am making webpages using html in Notepad++, I tend to space things and use tabs to create the html to be more visually appealing. This seems to come naturally for me and a CSS property that will allow those spaces and tabs etc to happen as I type them would be really cool. There a lot of different white-space selectors, and I'd love to learn more about these.

No comments:

Post a Comment